Sunday, March 7, 2010

Depp in Love by Callie


I am in love with Johnny Depp. I’m in love with his deep brown eyes, versatile dark locks, and uneven facial hair. I’m in love with his modesty, gratefulness, and patience. I’m in love with his dark sense of humor and his devotion to his work. I could go on and on. I hate to sound like a fangirl, because when it comes to Johnny Depp, I am definitely more than just an obsessed female fan. I feel like i know Johnny as a person. I know that there are probably hundreds of thousands of girls who feel the exact same way, but I still feel like my feelings are genuine and unique. I’ve watched almost every movie with Johnny in it. My walls in my room at home are covered with his face. If I had to choose anyone from history to go to dinner with, I would choose him. But the question is, why do I feel so passionate towards Johnny Depp? He’s nearly three times my age. He has a life partner and two children. He’s a celebrity, lives halfway across the world, and there’s no chance that i’ll ever be able to meet him. So why am I still so entirely obsessed with him?

I think it has a lot to do with how Johnny is. He’s a bad boy, for sure. Since the early days of 21 Jump Street (a T.V. show from the early 90’s and some of Johnny’s earliest work), he has been portrayed as a punk outsider. Everyone knows that a girl loves a bad boy, and Johnny is just as rebellious in real life. He’s still in a band even though he can be considered ancient. His style is casual and vintage, matching his laid back personality. He doesn’t seem to care about what people think of him. He does what he likes and that’s all that matters to him. In a way, Johnny is also a role model to me. He has taught me to do what I love instead of care about what people who don’t even know me think. I’m tough. I believe that Johnny has helped mold me into who I am.

But at the same time, Johnny is caring and sincere. Each and every fan encounter blog I have read has talked about how much of a gentleman Johnny is. He is very much the opposite of the unchivalrous celebrities of my generation and of this era. That’s something else that makes Johnny so attractive: he’s human. I can relate to him so easily. He gets shy and self conscious, and is willing to say it frankly. He hates watching himself on the big screen, and he gets fidgety during interviews. He cares about other people, and is so selfless. He never seems to judge people. He can see the good in anyone. He loves his kids. He loves his fans. He loves his work.

Johnny not only is an expert at looking damn sexy, but is also a natural actor. He seems at home in front of the camera and his talent is renown. He’s been cast in over 60 films. But Johnny is not just known for his performances on screen. He has directed three films and has produced two. He also has directed a music video for his partner, Venessa Paradis, and created cover work for her albums. He’s been in multiple bands playing guitar. He is an artistic genius.

I love everything about Johnny Depp. I love his rough exterior, his soft interior, and talent. I love him so much, I have trouble accepting the fact that there are people out there who don’t like Johnny at all. People have asked me what I would say if Johnny walked right up to me today and asked me to marry him. I would say yes. This disturbs people, seeing as he’s a 46 year old man, but I’m in love with this 46 year old man. My complete infatuation with him has made me realize that love cannot be defined. There are no boundaries to love. I can love Johnny Depp, and if people think that it’s impossible for me to love Johnny Depp just because i’ve never met the man, they have the wrong idea as to what love is.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked how your blog portrayed your stream of thought as you said what appeared to be, what came to mind (like: not only is he is damn sexy...) I also thought it was interesting how you called him "Johnny" throughout your blog because Johnny is his nickname, and by addressing him as that, you are showing your connection to him. However, after reading the last couple of lines, I got to thinking. Do you think things would change if you met him and engaged in true dialogue? Do you think the media shows a false Johnny Depp?
    Ariana Martino

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was very engaging- especially interesting was the part where you talk about how Johnny Depp has influenced your own values- taught you to not care what other's think. It's cool that someone who seems so distant from you-like you said, he's 46 and lives halfway across the world- can still act as a role model for you- you can still find something in common with him. But I was struck by how much you talk about Johnny's appearance- his looks and his style. As you said, his style is not only attractive, but it actually builds on his whole laid back/rebellious persona. So I was wondering, how much of your love of Johnny Depp is his looks/style? Do you think that he would, or could, have the same effect on you, and his thousands of other fans, if his appeal was solely talent and personality- if he were not so attractive? Going along with that, do you think that as he ages, even if he continues acting superbly in movies, he will begin to lose fans? -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I had no idea that you had such strong feelings for Johhny Depp. I think, by explaining clearly why you love Johnny Depp to the extent that you do, you engage the reader.I also give you credit for being honest about your infatuation with Johhny Depp. I feel like most people have crushes on superstars, but are to scared to admit them. My question in regard to you passionate love for the man you've never met, is do you think the media falsely portrays Johnny Depp? What if the real Jonnny Depp isn't who you've imagined him to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a true addiction Callie, but I love how you aren't hesitant or nervous to tell anyone. I think it says a lot about how truly devoted you are to this man. If I read this and then we were to have a conversation about it, I might ask what your favorite movie of his is, or maybe some of the famous films that he's been in.... I also want to know what you think his best quality is. Just because I'm Bob, I have to point out that there are several grammatical errors; I'm the only one who can say that though. Just look through and see where you didn't capitalize some 'I's. Other than that, it looks great. I feel like I know you a little better :)

    Bob.

    ReplyDelete